VBS collects personal information for the primary purpose of providing individualised quality health care as well as for administration and billing purposes. Your personal information remains confidential and will not be shared or disclosed to any party other than what is outlined in this Policy, nor will it be used for any other purpose than what it was originally intended.
Viva BodyStrength collects a variety of personal information about patients, clients and prospective clients that may include the following:
- Date of birth
- Mailing and street address and Email address
- Contact numbers
- Health fund details
- Medicare card number
- Medical history including investigation results
- Occupation and employer
- Lifestyle and hobbies
- Physical examination findings
- Treatments administered
- Bank and credit card details
- Any information that relates to you, that you provide to VBS directly via website, email, written letters, or phone and personal conversations.
VBS collects your personal information directly through the following methods:
- New patient form and ongoing patient records
- Online enquiry through the VBS website or emails / texts
- Incoming calls and verbal conversations
- Medical professionals referral (e.g. general practitioners, allied health professionals, endocrinologists and other specialists etc).
- Private health insurers
- Third party government agencies (e.g. Medicare and DVA)
VBS collects personal information for the primary purpose of providing individualised quality health care as well as for administration and billing purposes. The information may also be used for:
- Quality assurance activities to improve health care and practice management
- For the purposes of research and statistical analysis, only where de-identified information is used
- Direct marketing purposes
- To comply with any legislative or regulatory requirements
- Sending communication to you about VBS services
- Remind patients of upcoming appointments in the form of a phone call, text or email
- Update your records and keep your contact details current
- Respond to complaints and compliments you have made
- In emergency situations to inform paramedics/hospitals for treatment purposes.
VBS takes appropriate security measures to keep your personal information protected, managed confidentially and securely and destroyed appropriately when no longer required. VBS does not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
A confidentiality agreement is entered into by all employees and contractors at the time of their employment or engagement with VBS, protecting the privacy of individuals.
Patients and clients can request to have copies of their personal information, clinical notes and reports sent to them or a third party by contacting VBS to obtain a Release of Personal Information Consent Form. Your personal information will not be released unless a consent form has been signed, received and processed by VBS. We will only disclose personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act. This means that personal information may be disclosed:
- For the purposes and uses for which VBS has advised that it is being collected, and for related purposes that you would reasonably expect
- Where we have the consent by you to do so
- As required by law, or
- Under other circumstances where permitted under the Act.
Your concern or complaint will be investigated, and you will receive a written response. If you are not satisfied with the response you may lodge a privacy complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.